Living room furniture - how to choose?
The living room is a difficult choice, and the most important thing is that it should combine the main qualities: it should be quite aesthetically pleasing, comfortable, and just like the owners of the house. Before you make a purchase, you need to pay attention to a few important points/requirements.
- The strength, durability and reliability of the furniture. Not only the durability of the furniture, but also the fittings are of great importance.
- Stylishness and beauty. The variety of colours and styles allows you to choose the option to your liking.
- Living room furniture should be selected not only and not so much for beauty, but also for practicality.
- Safe, environmentally friendly. The most environmentally friendly are natural materials: leather, wood, metal. But the price of such furniture is not available to everyone. The use of artificial materials is quite acceptable, but requires a special certificate.
- Ability to maintain cleanliness in the room without much difficulty. Ideal if the furniture does not complicate the cleaning of the room, does not accumulate unnecessary dust.
The choice of design
A good design is defined by interconnecting the individual pieces of furniture so that they all blend together and don't form a clutter of foreign objects. Styles, shades and materials should be selected to be more or less the same. For example, the wall in the living room, made in classic style, is unlikely to be in harmony with the glass-metal table, much more suitable for the interior of high-tech.
We need to think not only about the mutual compatibility of the furniture, but the harmony of the furniture and the interior room as a whole. That's why experts advise thinking through the design even before the repair. The principle is the same: consistency of style and colour scheme. For example, the elements of decor and furniture are best kept in a single colour scheme. If the living room is well lit, do not decorate it with too light furniture.
Decide on the material before you buy the furniture. Cabinet furniture made from natural wood was and still is popular. The number of options and price range - enormous: from relatively inexpensive softwood to such an exotic wood like teak. You could say that teak furniture will last forever: this wood is completely immune to decay. As well as solid wood, chipboard and MDF are also used for cabinet furniture. Thanks to modern technology, these materials are safe to use, and their price is much lower than solid wood products. Auxiliary materials used in furniture production include plastic, metal (including forging), glass and more.
Peculiarities of care of furniture
As a rule, care is not too difficult. Special polishes and cloths are available in hardware shops to keep cabinet furniture looking neat and presentable. When you purchase furniture, ask your salesperson for advice on choosing upholstered furniture, curtains and other interior fittings. Vases, pictures, photos and other items will help you create a cohesive and unified image.
Today, online furniture shop Comfort Space ™ offers to buy furniture in the living room not only in Kiev, but also in Ukraine, in cities such as Kharkiv, Dnipro, Odessa, Lviv, Poltava, Zaporozhye, Kremenchug, Uzhgorod, Nikolaev.